Known as the “tree of life”, Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. Our Arborvitae essential oil is sourced from the heartwood of the Thuja plicata tree. It is also known as Western Red Cedar and is native to North America (primarily Canada and the Northwestern United States). This unique source of arborvitae essential oil contains a distinct chemical profile and is uniquely concentrated in methyl thujate. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for topical application of the oil and building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing. Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands for a quick DIY cleaner.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking.
- Diffuse to add a refreshing aroma to the air inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
May help to promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically.
Woody, warm, earthy
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.